• Email
  • Print

Under-Slab Repairs

Permit fees are $88 whether a homeowner or contractor takes out the permit ($70 + $18 processing fee).

Homeowners who:  1) own the home, 2) live in the home, and 3) homestead the home through the Dallas Central Appraisal District (www.dcad.org) may pull a Homeowner's Affidavit and complete the repairs themselves if they feel confident in making the required repairs.  Homeowners must provide a copy of a current driver's license which reflects the address you are trying to permit.  (If you have recently purchased the home, please call our office at 972-205-2300 for alternatives to this requirement.)  This department will verify with Dallas Central Appraisal District (DCAD) via their website that a homestead exemption exists for the permitted address.  If there is no record of a homestead exemption, the homeowner must provide a copy of the executed homestead exemption from DCAD.

If the homeowner is unable to produce the required documents stated above, a State-licensed master plumber registered with the City of Garland must be hired to take out the permit.

If the property is rental property, a State-licensed master plumber who is registered with the City of Garland must complete the repairs.  NO EXCEPTIONS. 

Please call our offices at 972-205-2300 to discuss requirements with a Plumbing Inspector.