• Email
  • Print

Plumbing Permits

Cost of permit is $113 regardless of valuation of job ($90 + $23 processing fee). 

ONLY a master plumber or a licensed irrigator may obtain a permit for plumbing repairs or irrigation installation for a non-residential (commercial) project.  NO EXCEPTIONS

This permit is to be obtained when no General Contractor is on the job.  When a General Contractor has obtained a construction permit, the plumber may contact our offices at 972-205-2300 and validate the job, assuming that the plumber is registered with the City. 

All irrigation permits must be obtained separately from any construction permits.

The plumber may contact our office at 972-205-2300 between 8:30 and 9 a.m. and between 4 and 5 p.m. to speak with the Plumbing Inspector.

RPZ & Double-Check Valves - Installation of RPZ & Double-Check Valves require permits and inspections. 

Please check with Alford Caraway in the City of Garland Water Department at 972-205-3214 or via e-mail at acaraway@garlandtx.gov to determine if you are required to have annual inspections on the RPZ or Double-Check Valves.