HOA Legal Clinic
|When: Saturday, April 5, 2014, 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. |
Where: The Hyatt Place - Garland
5101 N. Pres. George Bush Hwy.
How Much: $10 per person
Click Here to Register
Limited number of seats available
Join us on Saturday, April 5 at the Hyatt Place for the 2014 HOA Legal Clinic. Representatives from homeowners and neighborhood associations from across the Metroplex will gather in Garland for a morning of advanced board member training.
The HOA Legal Clinic features attorneys, accountants, property management companies, and others specializing in HOA governance, covering a variety of topics.
The schedule is as follows:
8 - 9:00 - Breakfast Served
8:45 - Welcome and Introductions
9:00 - Legislative Review: Judd Austin - Henry Oddo Austin & Fletcher, on behalf of TCAA
9:45 - Break
9:55 - 10:55 - Breakouts (Concurrent Sessions):
- Nuts and Bolts of a Neighborhood Association: Felisa Conner - Neighborhood Vitality Manager,
City of Garland
- Resident & Board Member Responsibilities: Robert Blend, The Blend Firm
- Selecting a Community Association Management Company: Linda Razzano, CMCA, Classic
Property Management, AAMC
11:05 - 12:05 - Breakouts (Concurrent Sessions):
- Managing Contracts and Agreements: Dean Riddle, Riddle & Williams, PC
- Creating an HOA Reserve Fund: Jacque Skruch, Reserve Advisors
- Parliamentary Procedure: The Honorable Ronald E. Jones, Sr., Former Mayor of Garland