The following is intended to provide a general overview of the major points of this policy. The full policy should be reviewed if a request is to be submitted. Significant additional information is included in the full policy.
- Only for residential alleys
- Minimum distances required from driveways, streets, other alleys, and other alley bumps
- Requestor responsibility to collect survey signatures
- Only single-family, duplex, triplex or fourplex dwellings to be inclued
- Survey area includes only properties adjacent to the requested alley
- Support of 80% of all homes in the survey area required
- City responsibility to review survey for procedural compliance
- City responsibility to notify homes in the survey area of a request approval
- A variance request process to an appeal committee available
- A specified time period available for collection of signatures and for payment upon approval
- Homes adjacent to proposed location must support installation at that location
- Entire cost to be paid by requestors
- Same survey process required for removal or relocation
Read more information on Alley Bumps.