When water runs off of your yard, pet waste can wash down the storm drains and go untreated into streams, creeks and lakes. This waste contains harmful bacteria which is unhealthy for all wildlife and people.
- Pick up pet waste from your yard. It is not a fertilizer.
- Carry disposable bags while walking your dog and dispose of waste in trash.
- Pet waste can be thrown in the trash or toilet. Do not flush down sticks, rocks, etc.
- Do not use pet waste in a compost bin.
- There are businesses that will pick up pet waste for a small fee.