Procurement Inclusion Program (HUB)
Garland, Texas is the tenth largest city in Texas, and with an annual municipal budget exceeding $500 million, Garland has an ongoing need for a diversified set of materials, equipment, supplies and services. The city's leadership is committed to the inclusion and utilization of Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) across every level of city procurement.
To engage and develop HUB participation in Garland's procurement process, the purchasing department has established a Procurement Inclusion Program (PIP) with the following objectives:
- Identify HUB suppliers through the State of Texas HUB database.
- Provide HUB supplier education and awareness of Garland's purchasing procedures including electronic bidding.
- Develop an Assistance Directory for suppliers.
- Exceed state requirements for HUB supplier notification of bid opportunities.
Information Guide for HUB Suppliers
State of Texas HUB Criteria
A HUB must have its principal place of business inTexas, must be for-profit, and must be at least 51% owned by one or more persons who are African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Native Americans and/or American Women.
The business must have an owner residing in Texas, and that owner must have a proportionate interest that allows active participation in the control, operations and management of the business.
State of Texas HUB Certification
The City of Garland requires Texas qualified HUB suppliers to be certified by the State of Texas. Other certifications may be considered on a case by case basis.
To apply for certification inTexas go to:www.window.state.tx.us/procurement/prog/hub
HUB DirectoryHUB Directory
How to Register with BidSync:
- Go to the BidSync website at www.bidsync.com and register.
- If your business is a certified HUB, enter your HUB certification number.
- Enter the commodity codes that apply to your business.
- If you have questions, call BidSync's help line at 1-800-990-9339.
For more information you can download the City's HUB Flyer