Exterior Doors - Front / Back / Patio
- Must be in good condition, weatherproof and watertight
- Locks - Must be solidly attached and workable.
- Striker plates - Must be attached with screws and solidly attached.
- Door jambs - No cracks or splits.
- Screens - Not required, but if present must be in good condition.
Rooms - Living / Sleeping
- Ceilings - Must be in good condition, no cracks or holes.
- Walls - Must be in good condition, no holes.
- Floors - Must be in good condition, no holes or torn carpeting.
- Locks - Locks that work on all windows and doors.
- Paint - No peeling or chipping paint.
- Windows - At least one window. Every window must be in good condition.
- Electricity - At least two (2) outlets or (1) outlet and (1) permanent overhead light fixture.
- Storage, Preparation, Serving - Adequate space to store, prepare, and serve food.
- Stove and Oven - Must be in working condition, including all pilots on gas stoves and ovens (can be furnished by tenant or landlord).
- Refrigerator - Must keep temperature low enough so food does not spoil and must have a kickplate (can be furnished by tenant or landlord).
- Sink - A sink with hot and cold running water, floor board underneath in good condition.
- Electricity - At least one (1) outlet and one (1) permanent light fixture.
- Electricity - At least one (1) overhead light fixture.
- Window - A window that opens or a working exhaust fan.
- Toilet - A flush toilet that works.
- Tub or Shower - A tub or shower with hot and cold running water.
- Sink - A sink with hot and cold running water and floor board underneath in good condition.
- Electricity - At least one (1) permanent overhead or wall light fixture.
- Roof - In good condition and does not leak.
- Handrails - Secure handrails on any extended length of stairs (more than 30 inches above ground, may be required on 4 or more consecutive steps).
- Stairs - Must be in good, safe condition with good handrails (no more than 9 inches apart).
- Paint - No cracking, peeling, or chipping paint.
- Trash - No accumulation of garbage or other debris in the yard or immediate area (including junk vehicles).
- Lights - Lights must work in all common hallways and interior stairs.
Comfort Items / Sanitation / Safety
- Cooling - Some windows that open and stay open on their own.
- Heat - Enough heating equipment to adequately warm unit. Space heaters may be allowed if properly installed.
- Hot Water - Must be at 120 degrees and must have a discharge line directed to the building exterior or 6" to 8" off the floor.
- Rodents and Vermin - No sign of rats or large number of mice or roaches.
- Smoke Detector - At least one (1) working smoke detector on each level and one in each bedroom.
- Sewer - No open sewer, must be properly connected.