The Garland Health Department is working in conjunction with the Dallas County Health & Human Services Department and other agencies to provide surveillance, prevention and control measures during the flu season. Citizens can take proactive steps to protect themselves, including:
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water.
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid others who appear sick.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes and nose. This is a common transmission mode for flu.
Websites and Resources
Government Health Agency Websites
Schools and Other Government Websites
For additional information please call 2-1-1
Announcements & Public Health Notices
- H1N1 Flu Information - Announcements & Notices - The following announcements, news releases and public health notices have been issued. For more information, contact Dorothy White, Public & Media Affairs Manager.
- Frequently Asked Questions by answers.flu.gov