Public Health Clinic
206 Carver Drive
Garland, TX 75040
(972) 205-3372 Fax
Hours: 8 a.m. - noon, 1 - 5 p.m.
Walk-ins available on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons depending on clinic schedule. Our walk-in clinics are usually busy. We reserve the right to pull sign-in sheets when we feel we have reached the maximum number of clients that we can safely vaccinate within our hours of operation.
The City of Garland Health Department’s Clinical Services division offers services to Garland’s most vulnerable citizens. Established in 1979, Clinical Services, located at 206 Carver Drive, houses four full-time registered nurses, provides immunizations, well child exams, travel vaccines, tuberculosis screening, communicable disease prevention, and community health education to area residents. Clinic staff also assists other Garland clinics in providing free vaccines to uninsured/underinsured children.
Clinical Services was honored in 2010 by the Garland Health Department as the Division of the Year for becoming completely self-funded while meeting the ever-increasing demands of providing low-cost quality clinical care. The clinic was awarded an expanded grant from the Texas Department of State Health Services in 2009 which, along with a grant from Health Facilities Development Corporation, has allowed for an increase in staff and services. In addition to funding from grants, the division generates enough revenue to operate as a completely self-funded department.
- Clinical Services was recognized on July 28, 2011, by the Texas Health Steps Coalition for their valuable contributions to the Texas Health Steps program.
- The Texas Department of State Health Services recognized the effectiveness of Clinical Services in 2010 by awarding them the Certificate of Excellence for reaching outstanding immunization coverage level of 92% in support of the National and State Healthy People 2010 Immunizations Objectives.
- The clinic was placed on the Immunization Action Coalition’s Honor Roll for Patient Safety in 2009 for the measures it has taken to prevent the transmission of influenza.
- In 2011 Victoria Yeatts, MSN, RN, director of Clinical Services, was awarded the American Nurses Association Immunity Award for demonstrating excellence and leadership in the field of immunizations.
- Ms. Yeatts was also honored with an Honorary Life Membership in the Texas Parent Teacher Association in 2011 because of her important contributions to the health of local children.
- Texas Public Health Association (TPHA) presented the James E. Peavy Memorial Award to Ms. Yeatts on March 21, 2013, for her significant contributions to public health and her concern for the health needs of her community.