People Helping People Program
The People Helping People Grant has been established in order to help improve the appearance and quality of neighborhoods through out the City of Garland. The program provides low to moderate income owner-occupied residences assistance for exterior paint, and minor improvements. Funding is provided through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). Income restrictions apply.
- Contact the Housing and Community Services Department for an information packet.
- Determine eligibility using HUD Income Guidelines:
- Must own and reside in property
- Must submit application
- Provide a copies of ALL household income
- Provide copies of Social Security cards for all household members
- Provide copies of drivers licenses for all household members
- Complete and return the application.
Funding is limited and applications are taken on a first come, first served basis. Neighborhood Services will notify all applicants concerning the status of submitted applications.
Many homeowners are either physically or financially unable to perform the basic and mandated upkeep of their homes. Without volunteer involvement, many homeowners would experience code violations, poor living conditions, and the inability to live independently.
Individuals and groups are welcomed to partner with People Helping People in improving the livability of our homeowners.