The Internal Audit Department serves the public interest by providing independent and objective audits, reviews, and assessments. The Department promotes accountability throughout the City.
The Department ensures that:
- The City is applying its resources effectively
- The City is in compliance with all laws and contracts
- The City has adequate safeguards over its assets
- The City is ensuring appropriate revenue management
- The City's financial and operational information is reliable
- The City has identified risk exposures and has used effective strategies to control them
We accomplish our mission by carrying out an annual audit plan that utilizes risk analysis to review critical areas of operations. We are committed to adding value at every opportunity.
Our strategic objectives are to:
- Complete the approved Annual Audit Plan
- Comply with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Provide a professional and motivated team in the delivery of audit services
- Utilize scarce resources in the most efficient and economical manner possible
- Provide unscheduled, value added assistance to the Mayor, Council, and City Departments
| || To report fraud, waste & abuse please call 972-205-2739 |