Our garbage collection services are automated, meaning that our trucks pick up and dump your garbage containers. Please follow these guidelines.
- Don't miss us! Put your container outside by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day.
- Bag your trash to prevent the wind from blowing it out of the container as we dump it and to keep your container clean.
- Keep the lid closed, and do not overfill. Our drivers do not pick up bags of trash outside the container.
- Place containers at your designated collection point - near your driveway, at the front curb or within 3 feet (3') of the alley's edge.
- Position the container with the wheels toward your house.
- Place multiple containers side-by-side with 4 feet of space between them.
- Do not place containers near mailboxes, electrical or cable boxes, or other stationary objects such as gas or water meter
- Do not park vehicles in front of container on collection day.
- Need more space for your trash? Reduce the amount of trash you throw away – Recycle! or click here for information about additional containers.
- If your container needs repair or replacing, contact us at 972-205-3500.
Waste that is too large for the green container, including tree trimmings, furniture, bags of leaves and grass, carpeting, should be placed at the front curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before scheduled pick up of brush and bulky waste. The exception is tree limbs, which may be placed at the front curb any day of the week. All brush and limbs must be separated from other bulky waste and placed in a separate pile. “Clean” brush (not mixed with other bulky waste) is ground into mulch and made available to Garland residents at no charge. Recycling clean brush also helps preserve landfill space.
Household Chemicals, Electronics are Not Allowed in Garbage Cart
For everyone's safety, household chemicals do not belong in the trash. Please take them to the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center at 11234 Plano Road. For operating hours and information call 214-553-1765. This service is free for Garland residents. The center accepts household products like paint, lawn and garden chemicals, aerosol sprays, pool chemicals, cleaners, batteries, fluorescent light tubes and more. They also accept computers, monitors, and keyboards. Residents must furnish proof of residency such as utility bill or driver’s license.