Landfill and Transfer Station Rules
- Prohibited items include:
- Liquid or hazardous waste, including paint, pesticides, fertilizer, pool chemicals. More information about disposal of Household Hazardous Waste.
- Ammunition, Call Fire Dispatch at 972-485-4840
- Large appliances such as stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, air conditioners. Please dispose of these items at the scrap metal containers at the Landfill and Drop-off Recycling Center.
- Commercial loads of electronics, including televisions, office machines and computer equipment. Find out more information on proper disposal of electronic waste.
- Radioactive waste
- Septic tank clean-out waste
- Motor-driver vehicles
- Fuel tanks, used oil filters or other devices that contained petroleum-based compounds such as gasoline, fuel, oil, hydraulic fluid, lubricants, anti-freeze, or other chemicals
- Debris from non-hazardous chemical spills
- Friable asbestos
- Sandblast grit and non-liquid paint wastes
- Infectious or hospital waste
- High-pH and low-pH materials
- Spent filter media residue
- Lead acid batteries
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Scavenging is prohibited.
- Residents must show valid driver’s license and/or current utility bill as proof of residency.
- Users of the landfill are admitted under the direction of the attendant on duty
- Incoming loads will be inspected on a random basis
- Attendant on duty will determine prohibited articles
- No smoking allowed in the landfill facility
- Children under the age of 12 must remain inside the vehicle
- Vehicles hauling waste to these sites must be enclosed or be covered with a tarpaulin, net, or other means to properly secure the load in order to prevent trash from blowing or falling from the vehicle,
Note that improperly secured loads will assessed a $5.00 surcharge and will be required to purchase a tarp for a fee of $10.00. Find out more information on tarping requirements.
- Only brick and masonry goods that are 100% clean and free of trash will be accepted free of charge at the landfill. Customers hauling all other loads of brick, concrete, and masonry goods will be charged per load.
For more information regarding these rules contact Customer Service Division at 972.205.3500.