IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Transfer Station Temporarily Closed
Environmental Waste Services announces a temporary closing of the Transfer Station, located at 1434 Commerce St., due to construction. The facility is not accepting any waste at this time. The Transfer Station is scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, Oct. 15. Any further updates will be posted here.
The City of Garland Environmental Waste Services Department owns and operates the following solid waste disposal facilities:
These facilities are permitted for use by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and adhere to all local, state and federal laws.
Garland residents can drop off normal household waste for free:
- Bring proof of residency such as valid driver’s license or current utility bill.
- Unload the waste yourself.
- Only bring waste from the household where you reside.
Non-Garland residents and commercial customers will be charged a per-ton fee based on weight of load:
- Security deposit is required.
- Minimum charge of $10.
- Cash, no bills larger than $20 accepted.
- Debit/major credit cards accepted except American Express.
- Local pre-printed checks only. Bring copy of the driver’s license of person who signed the check.
1434 Commerce Street, Garland
M - F 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Charles M. Hinton, Jr. Regional Landfill and Wood Recycling Facility
3175 Elm Grove Road, Rowlett
M – F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the general public and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for commercial customers
Sat. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Find out more about Transfer Station and Landfill Rules and Prohibited Disposal
The following items are not accepted in curbside bins but can be recycled at the following places: