SH 190 & Campbell Road TIA
As a largely “Greenfield” opportunity, the intersection at Campbell Road offers the potential for a regionally-important office and employment “address” (e.g., build-to-suit corporate headquarters/campus) with an integrated mid- to higher-end residential component and support retail. This area could also attract other complimentary land uses to the office/ employment core. The City’s strategy for this Area is to encourage new development that does not compete with, but effectively leverages other existing assets within the SH 190 Corridor (e.g., Firewheel Town Center, Hyatt Firewheel).
- New/recent infrastructure (sewer line, roads)
- Appropriate zoning in place
- Regional access and visibility
- “Greenfield” tracts for development
Population and Income
The SH190 & Campbell Road Trade Area profile suggests an established concentration of higher-income households, expected to grow at a steady, if modest rate over the next 10 years.
Market potential within the SH190 & Campbell Road Targeted Investment Area suggests support for a regional employment center, with a diverse mix of residential, retail, office and employment land uses. Much of this development could occur over the near-term (1 to 4 years).
- Commit to a long-term vision.
- Consider land use and architectural design regulations to preserve flexibility while promoting the vision.
- Ensure that new development complements rather than directly competes with the Firewheel Town Center area or Garland Special Events Center.
- Prepare a detailed master plan coordinating the northern and southern portions of the SH 190/Campbell Road intersection.
- Provide predevelopment assistance for potential catalyst projects that conform with Envision Garland and smaller area master plans.