Market Data and Resources
We understand our competitive position in the regional marketplace. This links below provide details on Garland’s employment, retail, housing and industrial competitive advantages.
- Community Profile: Garland offers many advantages attractive to prospective developers, business owners and investors. The profile provides key details or Garland’s demographics, tax burden, utilities, quality of life, work force and educational opportunities.
- Important Indicators: The City’s Budget Department compiles a comprehensive report on economic and civic indicators on a monthly basis. Local economic indicators are updated on a quarterly basis, including commercial vacancy and lease rates.
- Business Profile and Targeted Industries: Garland’s diverse economic base makes it an excellent location to locate or growth an existing business. The information at the link describes Garland’s employer profile and its many competitive advantages.
- 2010 Market Analysis for Housing and Commercial Development: As part of the City’s comprehensive plan, Envision Garland, the City conducted an extensive market analysis detailing housing, office, retail and industrial trends and 10-year projections.
- Facts & Figures: The Planning & Community Development Department is the City’s repository of demographic data as well as helpful links to other data sources.
- Area-specific Market Analysis: As part of the City’s revitalization initiative, the City has commissioned recent market analysis for the supply and demand for various types of land uses in targeted areas in our community.