Single Family Rental Program
The City of Garland requires all single family rental properties to be permitted by Code Compliance. The following is required for a property to become permitted as a single family rental property:
- The landlord/manager must submit a completed permit application for each single family dwelling rented or leased, including duplexes.
- The application requires certain information about the owner(s), management company and occupants.
- A yearly fee of $55.00 must accompany the completed application.
- A permit will be mailed to the owner or designated party.
- The permit cannot be assigned or transferred.
- A full inspection will be conducted upon each change of tenancy. It is the responsibility of the owner/management company to notify Code Compliance of the vacancy and set up an appointment for a full inspection.
- A copy of the inspection report will be provided to the person in charge (landlord, property manager or designated party).
The single family rental ordinance is available Here and a registration packet can be located on-line by visiting the navigation bar to the left and selecting "Online Forms" or at the Code Compliance Office located at:
210 Carver Street, Suite 101
Garland, Texas 75040
Phone: 972- 485-6400
Single Family Certified Rental Training is now available, follow the link for more details.