The mission of the Building Inspection Department is to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment by reasonable enforcement of the codes, providing efficient customer service, and ensuring quality in the design, construction, and use of properties within the city.
Permits are necessary so that we can help you complete your project and meet certain safety and legal issues. This website is a guide to help you better understand the necessary steps in getting a permit for just about any project you might do or have done.
Please email your questions and/or concerns.
City of Garland
Building Inspection Dept.
P O Box 469002
Garland, Texas 75046-9002
Main Street Municipal Building
800 Main Street, 1st Floor
Garland, Texas 75040
We are on the southwest corner of Main Street and Glenbrook Drive.
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
- 2009 International Fire Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Property Maintenance Code (New)
- 2005 National Electrical Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code (effective July 18, 2013)