|Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Boards and Commissions
The American democratic experience is built upon the foundation of concerned and caring residents becoming actively involved in local government. Consistent with this principle, Garland’s Charter provides for the City Council to utilize resident volunteers to assist in carrying out the many functions of municipal government by serving on various advisory boards and commissions. Please give serious consideration to becoming more involved in helping make Garland the best city possible by applying to serve on a board or commission of your choice.
Download an application or pick up an application in the City Secretary’s office at 200 N. Fifth St. For more information, call 972-205-2403.
View the Boards and Commissions List.
The Garland Charter and Code of Ordinances establish certain qualifications that must be met by members of boards and commissions. In addition to special qualifications for service, a board member must:
- Have been a resident of the state of Texas for one year and of Garland for six months prior to the date of appointment.
- Be a qualified voter at time of appointment.
- Not be in arrears on City taxes, utility service charges, or other obligations owed the City.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.
- Have not been convicted of a Class A misdemeanor.
- Not be an adversary party to pending litigation against the City.