Parks and Recreation


The sprinklers are going in a median or park during the day, who do I report it to?
Reports can be made to 972-205-2750, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.  If after hours emergency, please call the Water Control Department at 972-205-3210.  Press option #5

Where do I report high weeds or trash in ditches, parks, medians, golf courses, parkways, and public facilities?
All maintenance concerns can be reported to the Park Operations office at 972-205-3589 or email

Who do I contact with a park maintenance concern?
All maintenance concerns can be reported to the Park Operations office at 972-205-3589 or email

What are the park hours?
The City of Garland park hours are from 6 a.m. until midnight.

Do I need a permit for a bounce house?
The City of Garland does not require a permit at this time. Please note the following restrictions: 

  1. You must provide your own generator for electric power needs
  2. You must not place amusement in parking areas or drives
  3. No water amusements are allowed
  4. Must be anchored with stakes, and
  5. Vender can not drive on park land to set up amusement - carry only.

I need to transfer a Boat/Jet Ski title?
Boating related items are handled by the State of Texas.  Please contact Texas Parks & Wildlife at 972-226-9966 for assistance.

Why are the restrooms/water fountains closed from November through April?
Restrooms and drinking fountains are closed or turned off from November 15 to April 15 to prevent possible freeze damage.  Although there might be nice days in February and March, we must protect equipment from late freezes each spring.  Your patience and understanding in protecting these assets is appreciated.

Can we have a band, DJ and speakers in the park?
No. Ordinance 22.69 limits sound levels within the city, therefore amplified sound is prohibited.

Is there a public boat ramp at Lake Ray Hubbard?
Yes. Public boat ramp access to Lake Ray Hubbard is available free of charge at Chaha Boat Ramp, 3201 Zion Road, 75043.

Can we have a sale in the park?
Sales of goods or services within Garland parks is prohibited without department approval.

Can I fly model airplanes or shoot archery in the park?
Flying radio controlled model airplanes or shooting archery is prohibited in all parks.

What improvements are underway in the park?
For park design or construction related improvements, please review the City Construction Projects or contact the Park Design & Development office at 972-205-2761.