Municipal Court


Where can I get information on an arrest warrant?
You may call the automated system at 972-205-2330 or the Warrant Unit at 972-205-1665.

I filed a Motion and it has been denied by the judge. Can I speak to the judge regarding this matter?

I pressed charges on someone, but now I want them dropped. What do I do?
You must file an affidavit of non-prosecution and it will be reviewed by the Prosecutor. It is the Prosecutor's option to accept or deny an affidavit on non-prosecution.

Can you tell me what time and date is my Court setting?
You can obtain this information from Court Services automated phone line at 972-205-2330.

I have a court date set. Can I come in and pay my ticket before the court date?
Yes, or you can pay by telephone or by using the online payments service.

My deadline has passed to complete, return certificate, or obtain driver's record from the Department of Public Safety for the Driver Safety Course. What do I need to do?
You should come in and request a DSC show cause hearing.

Someone was issued a ticket and used my name, how can I get this corrected?
You must contact the Garland Police Department and ask the officer who wrote the ticket to investigate.

I need an extension to pay the fine.
The City of Garland does not grant extensions. All fines are due in full twelve (12) days after the citation is issued. No Extensions, No Exceptions.

I received a letter from the Department of Public Safety regarding the suspension of my driver's license. How can I get this corrected?
The Garland Municipal Court is not involved in driver's license suspensions. Driver's License suspension cases are held by Dallas County Justice of the Peace. The County Court is located at 140 N. Garland Rd., Garland. You may contact their office at 972-288-7665. You will need to contact the local DPS office for further information or the person that sent you the letter.

I am planning on getting married. Can one of the Municipal Judges perform the services?
Yes. Municipal Judges can perform wedding ceremonies. You will need to contact the Judges Secretary at 972-487-7320 to schedule an appointment.

If I paid my fine and now I want to change the judgment; what should I do?
Paying a fine waives any right to an appeal.

If a family member or friend is held in jail in some other city, on a Class C Garland ticket, can I post a bond or pay the Capias fine at the Municipal Court in Garland?
Yes. You will need to appear at the Garland Municipal Court during regular business hours only to post the bond or pay the fine.